The Barrie Restaurant Review Ontario restaurants

Thursday, October 20, 2011

What's The Matta With You - Italian Eating In Barrie

I really don't know what to think....Over the years I have spent in Barrie I have visited Nino's a couple of times and each time walk away with a different view of the restaurant. It is a great family that runs the operation but some days I feel that the food is lacking or is not worked on enough.

When restaurants get used to a certain clientele and don't adjust to the times they will start to go downhill which is the path Nino's is on. Their restaurant is stuck in the late 1900's and has not changed with the time. The clientele that goes to Nino's these days is mainly over 55 and is used to "classic" Italian food but most of the times I have gone it has been a letdown. Some of the reason I believe it is host to an older clientele is that as we start to get older we don't notice as much when our taste buds go which I believe is the case. Nino's on a regular basis has over cooked my pasta and burnt things like bread and chicken.

However, while you are at the restaurant they make you feel very comfortable but most of the time even around dinner you are probably alone with the group you went with or are there with a couple other tables. It really feels awkward when you are in such a large dining room and there is no one else around you. In the future if I were to order from them again it would be take out to avoid the feeling of being alone in this big dining room.

To visit their website: http://www.ninosrestaurant.ca/

Let me know what you think if you have ever been to Nino's and if you agree or disagree with the above post.

Nino's Italian Restaurant on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with You. I have been twice and while I had no issues with waiting for a table and I too felt anticipation to go to a 'joint' with a wood fired oven.

    Barrie Restaurant
    Barrie Restaurants
    http://www.paintershall.ca/

    ReplyDelete